MacBook M1 Pro (chip 8 core CPU, 14 core GPU) 16GB , 1TB SSD
Advanced Technologies for a Complete Pro System
Both M1 Pro and M1 Max are loaded with advanced custom technologies that help push pro workflows to the next level:
- A 16-core Neural Engine for on-device machine learning acceleration and improved camera performance.
- A new display engine drives multiple external displays.
- Additional integrated Thunderbolt 4 controllers provide even more I/O bandwidth.
- Apple’s custom image signal processor, along with the Neural Engine, uses computational video to enhance image quality for sharper video and more natural-looking skin tones on the built-in camera.
- Best-in-class security, including Apple’s latest Secure Enclave, hardware-verified secure boot, and runtime anti-exploitation technologies.
A Huge Step in the Transition to Apple Silicon
The Macbook is now one year into its two-year transition to Apple silicon, and M1 Pro and M1 Max represent another huge step forward. These are the most powerful and capable chips Apple has ever created, and together with M1, they form a family of chips that lead the industry in performance, custom technologies, and power efficiency.
macOS and Apps Unleash the Capabilities of M1 Pro and M1 Max
macOS Monterey is engineered to unleash the power of M1 Pro and M1 Max, delivering breakthrough performance, phenomenal pro capabilities, and incredible battery life. By designing Monterey for Apple silicon, the Mac wakes instantly from sleep, and the entire system is fast and incredibly responsive. Developer technologies like Metal let apps take full advantage of the new chips, and optimizations in Core ML utilize the powerful Neural Engine so machine learning models can run even faster. Pro app workload data is used to help optimize how macOS assigns multi-threaded tasks to the CPU cores for maximum performance, and advanced power management features intelligently allocate tasks between the performance and efficiency cores for both incredible speed and battery life.
The combination of macOS with M1, M1 Pro, or M1 Max also delivers industry-leading security protections, including hardware-verified secure boot, runtime anti-exploitation technologies, and fast, in-line encryption for files. All of Apple’s Mac apps are optimized for — and run natively on — Apple silicon, and there are over 10,000 Universal apps and plug-ins available. Existing Mac apps that have not yet been updated to Universal will run seamlessly with Apple’s Rosetta 2 technology, and users can also run iPhone and iPad apps directly on the Mac, opening a huge new universe of possibilities.
Apple’s Commitment to the Environment
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and by 2030, plans to have net-zero climate impact across the entire business, which includes manufacturing supply chains and all product life cycles. This also means that every chip Apple creates, from design to manufacturing, will be 100 percent carbon neutral.
- Battery: Lithium-Polymer
- Case Material: Aluminum
- Color: Space Gray
- CPU Cores: 10
- CPU Manufacturer: Apple
- CPU Model: M1 Pro
- Depth: 8.71 inches
- Height: 0.61 inches
- Width: 12.31 inches
- Face ID: No
- Front-Facing Camera: 1080p FaceTime HD camera
- GPU Cores: 16
- Maximum Runtime: 17 hours
- microphone: Studio-quality three-mic array with high signal-to-noise ratio and directional beamforming
- Neural Engine Cores: 16
- In the Box: MacBook Pro, USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable, USB-C Power Adapter
- Part Number: MKGQ3LL/A
- HDMI Port: 1
- SDXC Card Reader: 1
- Power Adapter Wattage: 96
- Brightness: Up-to 1600 nits
- Panel Type: Liquid Retina XDR display
- PPI: 254
- ProMotion Display: Yes
- Resolution: 3024×1964
- Screen Size: 14.2 inches
- True Tone Display: Yes
- OS Version: macOS 15
- Speakers: High-fidelity six-speaker sound system with force-cancelling woofers
- Storage Capacity: 1 TB
- Storage Type: SSD
- Touch Bar: No
- Touch ID: Yes
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Bluetooth: 5.0